Orthotics @ Strathmore Podiatry Clinic /Movement Solutions
Strathmore Podiatry Clinic and Movement Solutions offers expertise in orthotics. These customised inserts are designed to alleviate, prevent or heal a wide range of foot, lower leg and knee problems. Our trained podiatrists will prescribe the correct orthotics and banish your foot pain.
Call us today 03 9351 0266 (Strathmore); 03 8301 5500 ( Nth Melb); 03 9976 4200 (Moonee Ponds)
Getting your footwear right is key to the good health of your feet. Here are just a few handy tips to help reduce the chance of developing foot problems:
- Buy footwear in the afternoon as most feet swell later in the day
- Be sure your selected shoes are comfortable
- The space between your longest toe and the end of the shoe be between 5 and 10mm (the size of a finger nail)
- Make sure the width of the widest part of your foot is slightly less than the widest part of the shoe
- Make sure both shoes are comfortable as sometimes feet can vary in size
- Your heel should fit snugly into the back of the shoe
A good shoe should have the following characteristics:
- A reasonably stiff heel counter
- A fastening system that allows the shoe to fit the foot comfortably such as laces or Velcro
- A shoe that allows the wearer to toe off i.e. bend at the ball of the foot
- A shoe that is not able to be easily twisted or wrung
Call us today to find out how orthotics can solve your foot problems!